The Smart Career Planner
Most People Take Their True Genius to the Grave; Robbing the World of the Gift Only They Could Give.
Do you know what makes you special, what your unique contribution to the world will be? Do you know the things that only you can do, they define who you are.
Is your design dictating your career, or have you fallen into the trap of pursuing what you know? What you know and your skills are some of the worst indicators of your true potential. What if you have an opportunity in a career you would love if only you knew what it was.
At Living My Purpose, we specialize in helping young adults discover their design and where their potential best positions them in the job market before they spend the most formative years of their lives pursuing the wrong training for a career which does not fit them.
You Can Only Perform From Strength
“Most people think they know what they are good at, but they are often wrong. A person can only perform well in the area of their strength. One cannot build performance on weaknesses, let alone on something one cannot do at all.”- Business Guru Peter F. Drucker (1909 - 2005)
Living My Purpose uses a combination of online tools called Compass and one on one services to identify talents‚ strengths‚ purpose‚ potential‚ passion and drive‚ it does not evaluate skills and knowledge which are poor predictors of career and or educational potential.
Compelling Reasons to use the Compass Assessment Process
- Compass reveals things you need to know about your career and that you would otherwise know nothing about
- Compass tells you what others have no insight into
- Resumes detail abilities and competencies; Compass uncovers potential that you can tout to employers
- Resumes identify what you have learned; Compass identifies potential for learning
- Compass identifies management and leadership potential
- Compass conveys the best you have to offer
- Others assess their communication skills; Compass details your communication ability
- Compass uncovers sustainability
- Compass showcases strengths and potential
Uncover Your Purpose with a 360° Strengths Assessment
Remember the medical encyclopedia we had at home as children with clear fold over pages. The first page had a skeleton depicting the major bones in a human body. The next slide had the human organs, and the next the muscles in the body. As you folded pages one over the other, you began to get a complete understanding of the human body. Each page would help you understand how a particular system was constructed, but you could not get a full picture of how your body functioned as a whole until you folded all the slides over.
In the same way, Career Compass paints a revealing picture or personal profile, much like each progressive transparency in the medical book. The Behaviors test describes how people view themselves. The Personality test explains how people approach the world, and process information and the Traits test evaluates what personal attributes a person has.